About Alkaline PH Water
Is Machine Alkaline Water Healthy for You?
Here, in a nutshell, are a few basic facts that we believe anyone with a solid background in nutritional biochemistry or physiology would concur with:
· The idea that one must consume alkaline water to neutralize the effects of acidic foods is ridiculous; we get rid of excess acid by exhaling carbon dioxide. When this is not adequate, the kidneys adjust urinary pH accordingly.
· If you do drink alkaline water, its alkalinity is quickly removed by the highly acidic gastric fluid in the stomach.
· Uptake of water occurs mainly in the intestine, not in the stomach. But when stomach contents enter the intestine, they are neutralized and made alkaline by the pancreatic secretions — so all the water you drink eventually becomes alkaline anyway.
· The claims about the health benefits of drinking alkaline water are not supported by any credible scientific evidence.
· There is nothing wrong with drinking slightly acidic waters such as rainwater. “Body pH” is a meaningless concept; different parts of the body (and even of individual cells) can have widely different pH values. The pH of drinking water has zero effect on that of the blood or of the body’s cells.
· If you really want to de-acidify your stomach (at the possible risk of interfering with proper digestion), why spend thousands of dollars for an electrolysis device when you can take calcium-magnesium pills, Alka-Seltzer or Milk of Magnesia?
· CONCLUSION “pH-manipulated water” is scientifically meaningless and nothing more than an overpriced Multi Level Marketing scheme for products of dubious value with little or no health benefit.